Saturday, May 12, 2012

Things That Make Me Giggle

I spent the day just hanging with my bad self. While I relaxed, my brain was still churning away. For some reason, it came up with a short list of things that make me giggle. Here they are, in no particular order:

- Motorcycles with sidecars. You usually only see these in war movies, being ridden by evil Nazis. I actually drove behind one the other day. It cracked me up, even though I don’t know why.

- Sexy scenes in novels. I avoid romance novels, or “bodice rippers”. Terms such as “throbbing manhood” and “trembling thighs” make me snicker. 

- Turtleneck dickies. OK, the term “dickies” alone makes me titter (as does the word “titter”). Am I in 4th grade or what??? I’m convinced they were invented for people who are too damn lazy to shove their arms through sleeves. Years ago I was in Fred Meyer's with my kids, looking to buy a present for my niece. We walked past some turtleneck dickies. When I suggested we get her a dickie, my son was horrified. He thought I wanted to buy her a tiny penis.

- Fanny packs. When these arrived on the fashion scene, I thought they were neat. Go figure. I also had a crush on Liberace when I was 3, also inexplicable. I have never seen anyone beautiful, or cool sporting a fanny pack. Apparently, you have to be overweight, middle-aged or older, and be wearing dark socks and sandals to pull off the fanny pack look. No hotties need apply. 

- Dancing “The Pony”. This was my signature dance in high school. Maybe I should be more embarrassed than amused. Tomorrow is Mother’s Day. I just might trot out the old moves, and demonstrate them for my kids. They have to appease me, due to it being my special day and all. Hee hee. I can amuse myself, and horrify them all at once. It’s a win-win situation (at least for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment