Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dog Day Afternoon

Today, I made a face at a dog. I didn’t plan to do it. It just happened. I was driving home from work, and stopped at a light. In the car next to me was a white bulldog. He was hanging his head out the back window directly behind his owner. Bad owner! Don’t you know the little guy could go flying out the window at any moment??? At one point, the dog and I made eye contact. We had our own private moment. Then, I made a face at him. Who could resist imitating that ugly under-bite below that Winston Churchill face? Not me! I stuck out my bottom teeth and looked over at Winston. Then I felt bad, sure that he knew I was mocking him. If he had been a person, I never would have made a face. Oh the guilt! Then he turned away, the light changed, and life went back to normal. It must have been my day for weird dog happenings. Earlier, I had to wait while a woman in a big SUV turned left in front of me. She was having a rough time turning because she had a big dog on her lap. The dog was right in front of her. She couldn’t see out the windshield because he was blocking her field of vision. To turn, she had to kind of peer around Fido, and steer with one hand. Might as well have been chugging a beer and texting. What a dummy! I’m not sure if Citizen’s Arrest is a real thing, or just something on TV. It crossed my mind, though, to try it out on Fido and his mom. Then reason got the better of me... or maybe I just wanted to get home. As I walked through my front door, my husband cautioned me that I might not want to kiss Stella (my Yorkie). Apparently, she ate poop today. Great. Too bad I’m allergic to cats... I think I might need a break from the dog world. At least for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment