Saturday, April 21, 2012

Must Be Summer

Still recovering from surgery, I spent most of the day plopped on the couch in front of the TV. The weather all day had been beautiful, judging from what I could see through the partially-opened blinds. Around 4pm, I finally hit the Stir Crazy Wall, so I walked up to the neighborhood coffee shop.  It was sunny outside and presumably warm. I ventured out in my long-sleeved shirt and track pants.  I left my jacket at home - my version of living on the edge. I forgot how good weather affects Seattlites. It was about 65 degrees outside and a bit breezy, yet I saw countless people in tank tops, tee shirts and shorts. I walked past one carport and saw three little kids and one adult in their swimsuits. I would have been blinded by their pale skin had it not already been so sunny. Days like these it is fun to drive past Green Lake, a jewel of a spot in the middle of the city. You see everything from parkas to thong bikinis. It’s supposed to be even warmer tomorrow. I imagine the beaches of Puget Sound will be packed. I will probably be at my spot on the couch, hunting for something new or interesting to watch on TV. I suppose I could try to catch some rays and sit outside. My lily-white skin might outshine the sun, though. The glow could cause military aircraft to scramble. I’d hate to be confused with some sort of nuclear attack. It’s safer for everyone if I just stay inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment